Why is it that I make these wild claims in my blogs about work I expect to complete during the week? Again, last week, I finished the blog with the claim that, by now, the shed would be complete and ready to stock. Of course it isn’t.
However, I did also promise some photos of the progress so far and I can do that. What I hope you can see is that there has been progress.
The pictures here are a few days old although there hasn’t been so much progress since. There has also not been so much clearing out, other than the cut up beams and posts of the old shed frame which has allowed me to finish the central support post and wire in the sockets.
Following the electrical hiccup of last week causing me to remove and then replace some of the ceiling lambris, I have now been able to focus on cladding the internal walls for which we are using OSB / sterling board. It’s starting to look like the posh shed I have wanted.
One significant change I have noticed with the cladding, and insulation I have installed, is that it feels much warmer on the inside than our own house! It will certainly make it much more comfortable to work in during the chillier months.
Sadly, wanting to keep costs down and minimise waste, with my evolving ideas about what I want to do, I haven’t bought enough OSB and need a few more sheets – but the result will be worthwhile.
Having missed my, self-imposed, deadline of mid-February to complete I am now aiming for early March to have it 100% done. That said, there will be no blog next week but the week after – there should be one with real change and, who knows, perhaps a completed shed.